1st Line Engineer (Full Time)
Old Street (Soon to be relocating to Bethnal Green)
Competitive £ Salary
Ethical IT (www.ethicalit.net) is a partnership between The Ethical Property Company and JADe, working together to deliver high quality, cost effective and sustainable IT and Telephony solutions to charities, social enterprises, community groups and voluntary organisations.
Our extensive experience within the social change sector in both the UK and Europe ensures that we appreciate the financial and technical limits within which organisations often work. We therefore aim to take the stress out of the management of IT and Telephony, providing our clients with transparent and reliable support, allowing them to focus on their core operations.
Set up in 2008, we are a small and friendly growing company of approximately 20 people, based in the vibrant Shoreditch area of East London.
- To be the first point of contact and provide 1st line IT support to our customers.
- To lead from the front in terms of process adoption, refinement and identification of new process inspiring your peers to adopt the same approach.
- To carry out initial diagnosis, basic troubleshooting to resolve issues and escalating per the process where necessary and in a timely manner.
- To inspire confidence in our ability to provide an effective service.
- To be prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ to ensure the smooth running of the service desk and tier one responsibilities whilst you are working.
- To constantly push the boundaries of efficiency and being instrumental in its continual improvement.
Role and Responsibilities
- Act as first point of contact for all customer calls and emails to the service desk.
- Demonstrate a good work ethic and ability to work under pressure and by priority.
- Should be a good, active listener with the ability to make well structured notes ‘on the fly’, questioning the user and accurately logging the request.
- Display a natural drive to get through the workload, proactively pick up tickets from the unassigned queue within an hour and ensure that customers are updated per the agreed first and continual response window.
- Demonstrate a friendly disposition and customer service focussed manner both in person and over the phone.
- Understand and achieve the KPI’s set out to you by your line manager and the business.
- Complete the set of service desk tasks per the outlined process [daily/weekly/monthly.]
- Categorise, set priority and assign incoming tickets via email and customer portal.
- Report and take ownership of relevant issues to third party. Keeping the customer up to speed regularly.
- Proactively identify change & problem incidents and escalate per process.
- Escalate jobs as appropriate to the Technical Solutions Team with full details of issue and action taken so far, but remain main point of contact for the user
- Identify and appropriately escalate P1 issues and manage communications.
- Cross reference IT Glue for information and where you find a gap in information, take it upon yourself to document it and fill in the gap.
- Proactively suggest improvements to processes that you use on a daily basis.
- Commit key service desk processes to memory for ease of use.
Miscellaneous Office Tasks
- Arrange delivery and collection of equipment by ours and customer couriers.
- Keep office tidy, remove unwanted boxes and store customer hardware safely and securely.
- Attend client sites and provide on-site support as required.
In your own time, study for and achieve certifications required within your role as outlined in the ‘Role Structure & Criteria’ document and within the time frame required.
- Proactively seek out study materials and suggest them back to your peers so that they may further their own studies.
Knowledge and experience
- Minimum of 1 years experience of working in a level 1 support role or equivalent within an ITIL customer service environment
- Desktop support experience in Windows environment
- Experience of desktop, laptop & printer hardware support
- Experience of AD administration
- Experience of using ticket management system
- Basic knowledge of small networks /TCP /IP and router configuration
- Experience of maintaining Windows Server 2008/2012 and MS Exchange
- Basic knowledge of ITIL
- Basic knowledge of Office 365
- Solid understanding of basic IT principles
Qualifications and skills
- Degree level education or equivalent desirable
- Extremely customer focused with the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customer contacts at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – ability to establish effective communication with internal and external contacts.
- Proven ability to identify and resolve technical problems
- Strong organisational skills, able to manage multiple tasks and prioritise effectively.
- Very flexible, can do attitude and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Able to work well both within a team and independently
Please apply by sending in a copy of your CV and a covering letter demonstrating your skills and experience, as well as why you are interested in the role, to Recruitment@ethicalit.net.