London's Air Ambulance (LAA)
London’s Air Ambulance (LAA) is a registered charity of approximately 50 staff and volunteers operating life-saving emergency helicopter ambulance services to Greater London, in conjunction with Barts Health NHS Trust.
LAA approached Ethical IT with two inter-related challenges:
- Their back end IT infrastructure was at end of life and they needed support developing and delivering a strategy to replace it with either a new, cloud or hybrid platform fit for the future.
- They required support planning and rolling out a major software upgrade to their core operational applications.
Ethical IT set up a dedicated Project Team to gather the requirements, scope and implement the new platform, handling the migration to Office 365 with minimum downtime and retiring the legacy system.
The new Office 365 platform, back end infrastructure, applications and front end PCs are now all supported by the Ethical IT Service Desk via a Service Level Agreement. The Service Desk team, based in Old Street, London, provide both remote support for staff support issues, site visits where needed and underpinned by guaranteed response and fix times with a named escalation point, regular one to one service review meetings and Ethical IT’s strategic help and support over the long term.
Finally, Ethical IT’s proactive monitoring platform has been deployed to the system and is monitored by a dedicated team – ensuring that alerts are sent ahead of time should anything be close to failing.
– Reduced IT operating costs through removal of old hardware and legacy systems
– Class leading cloud-based email and file sharing from Office 365 – fit for future
– 95% discount achieved via Microsoft Software Donation Scheme for charities
– Carbon footprint reduction – removal of ageing physical infrastructure
– Greatly improved resilience and performance thanks to cloud based technology